[Exim] Autoresponder for CGI generated emails

Top Pagina
Auteur: Joe Frost
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: [Exim] Autoresponder for CGI generated emails
Hi,

We use the Supermail CGI on our web server to email the data from a web
form to our marketing department so that they can follow up on
evaluation downloads of our products and I would like to generate an
automatic letter of introduction in response to these mails using EXIM
filters.

The actual email address of the person who downloads the software is
held in the body of the message so I would need some way to extract this
in order to reply to them rather than the web server that originates the
mail with CGI.

I've looked through the user filter specification but can't see a way to
extract this information, have I missed something? If not then can
anyone think of another way of performing this either within EXIM or by
some external means?

It would be great if it was also possible to parse the emails and write
the information into a database for data mining some time in the future
but I guess this necessitates the use of external programs.

Any help that you are able to provide would be very welcome.

Just for background, we've been using EXIM together with Cyrus and IMP
to provide mail services for several different sites within our
organisation for quite some time now and I've found it to be one of the
most powerful and impressive software setups that I've ever had the
pleasure to work with. A big thank you to all those involved, keep up
the good work.

Best regards,

Joe