RE: [Exim] suffix_optional and local_parts within directors

Top Pagina
Auteur: Bernard Stern
Aan: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: RE: [Exim] suffix_optional and local_parts within directors
On Fri, 9 Feb 2001 10:41:08 +0000 (GMT) Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, Bernard Stern wrote:

>> On one director, I do set local_parts to some looked-up value, as well
>> as suffix and suffix_optional:

> <snip>

>> with full debugging (-d9), I noticed that the suffix is not stripped
>> from the local part when running that director.

> Does this extract from section 21.1 of the manual explain what you are
> seeing?

Yes, this is exactly what I'm seeing. I did read this, though...
not with enough attention :-((( Anyway, I began rewriting my
directors with the condition option, as it is suggested in the
paragraph 21.1. Thanks for putting the dots in the i, Philip.

Thanks for all your efforts on this great MTA. I'm very much
looking forward to experiencing with exim 4, later this year (?).

> Processing of the "prefix" and "suffix" options does not happen until after
> the check of "local_parts" is done, so the local part that is checked at that
> stage is the full local part. If you want to select a director based on a
> partial local part, you can use a regular expression, or make use of the
> "condition" option to do more complicated processing (such as looking up a
> prefix-stripped local part in a file).

> --
> Philip Hazel            University of Cambridge Computing Service,
> ph10@???      Cambridge, England. Phone: +44 1223 334714.

Regards,

Bernard Stern, SWITCH

        mail: SWITCH Head Office       a          Tel: +41 1 268 1520
              Limmatquai 138           n          Fax: +41 1 268 1568
              CH-8001 Zurich           d        e-mail: stern@???