[Exim] a host relay problem with no reverse dns

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Steven Hanley
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] a host relay problem with no reverse dns
All

I am getting
refused relay (host) to <user@???> from <user@???>
H=(svana.org) [203.58.28.220] (failed to find host name from IP address)

In my log files and the user trying to send email cant relay thjrough the
machine.

Now I know this is a common enough error and I have seen the mail archives
going on about host_reject = +allow_unknown or similar, although that
worries me because it makes me think it will allow relaying from any ip that
wont resolve if I added this option.

However my relaying setup should allow relaying as far as I can tell.

host_accept_relay =
"192.168.0.0/24:210.9.56.0/24:127.0.0.1:search;/etc/smtp_relay_allowed"

All of these are numeric, not names, and at the time I was seeing the
errors the file /etc/smtp_relay_allowed contained

203.58.28.220:981588700
203.58.28.220:981588888

or similar, and nothign else. In the FAQ 0029 says to put all explicit ip
addresses first in the list, however this is the case isnt it? Anyway I
changed the host_accept_relay line so the search;/etc/smtp_relay_allowed was
the first thing in the list and still got the same refused relay message.

Basically I want to be able to relay from any name or ip address appearing
in that file, however I can undewrstand if I have to seperate the thigns
into two files, place names in one and ip addresses in another

host_accept_relay = "search;/etc/smtp_relay_allowed_ips:192.168.0.0/24: \
                    210.9.56.0/24:127.0.0.1:search;/etc/smtp_relay_allowed_addresses"

or similar.

However I dont see that that will work as it didnt work with only ip
addresses in the file when the file was the first thing in the list.

Is there any way to get it to relay things from the file when they entries
are ip addresses?

Thanks

    See You
        Steve

ps. I am not on this mailing list so could replies please be cc'd to me.

--
sjh@??? http://wibble.net/~sjh
Look Up In The Sky