Re: [Exim] Re: BUG: mailq doesn't behave as expected

Autor: Rusty Russell
A: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users, mark
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Re: BUG: mailq doesn't behave as expected
In message <Pine.SOL.4.21.0102071021470.10609-100000@???> you w
rite:
> On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Rusty Russell wrote:
>
> > This would be lying, because it *doesn't* show messages from me.
> > Remember, mh sends via tcp to port 25, 127.0.0.1.
> >
> > The whole concept of only showing "my" messages is broken. At least
> > give me notice that exim has failed!
>
> Originally, -bp worked for everybody. Then security worries caused me to
> restrict it. I'm quite happy to restrict it to admin users only, period.
> I don't actually think non-admin users actually make much use of it -
> what do ordinary users know? :-) [And fewer and fewer messages nowadays
> originate on the hosts where the MUA is running, and, as you say, even
> those that do sometimes use TCP/IP and so don't count.]

Hey, having it fail for non-admin users, when configured like that,
would be wonderful.

    $ mailq
    You are not an admin.  Go away.
    $ echo $?
    1
    $

Rusty.
--
Premature optmztion is rt of all evl. --DK