Re: [Exim] Exim usage dependent on time of day

Página Inicial
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
Para: Alain Williams
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Exim usage dependent on time of day
On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Alain Williams wrote:

> Is there any way to control the load that exim puts on the network trying to
> deliver messages based on the time of day. So that night time use could be
> higher than we might want during the day.
>
> I would like to do something like:
>     queue_run_max = 50 at night
>     queue_run_max = 50 during the day

I assume you wanted a lower number during the day, say 20.

Anyway, queue_run_max takes an integer, not an expansion string. (If it
did you could play with conditions on substr_-8_2{$tod_log} to get the
hour.)

So the only thing I can imagine would be to have a script out of cron
which changed your config at appropriate times.

Is there a reason why all things that take integers can't be expansion
strings expected to resolve as an integer?

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg
I have recently moved, see http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/contact.html