RE: [Exim] how to apply rewrite rules to messages already in…

Autor: John Horne
A: exim-users
Assumptes vells: [Exim] how to apply rewrite rules to messages already in spool
Assumpte: RE: [Exim] how to apply rewrite rules to messages already in spo
On 07-Feb-01 at 13:43:44 Andre Grueneberg wrote:
> I've got a message in the spool that should have gone through the
> message rewriting engine of exim after reception, but accidently it
> didn't (yes, my fault ;)
> Now I'd really like it to be reinjected into exim and pass the rewriting
> engine...
>
> Is there some (more or less) easy way to do so?

Not sure about your system, but in our case if we add a recipient with the
'plymouth.ac.uk' domain then it in effect loops back to the mailhub, goes
through the rewriting, etc. again. To do this you can either use the X window
monitor (eximon) or from the command line. Add the recipient address with
some thing like "-Mar address" then mark the old one as delivered "-Mmd
address" - check those options! Look at the -M command line options, it'll
give you an idea of how to do it.

John.

E-mail: jhorne@???