Re: RE: [Exim] Exim 4: handling case sensitivity - opinions …

Página Inicial
Autor: Phil Chambers
Para: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: RE: [Exim] Exim 4: handling case sensitivity - opinions wanted
Can I toss in a case which I would need to be covered:

We have some users who have upper case letters in their usernames (a legacy which
would be a pain to have to remove). There are no instances where two usernames
differ only in case and would not let that happen. We wish to have caseless e-mail
addresses. So, given a user with a username of ANOther, we would wish to deliver a
message addressed to another or ANOTHER, etc. to that user.

The way we cope at present is to have locally_caseless=false to preserve the upper
case for the usernames, then a director does a lower-case lookup on a dbm file which
contains an entry for each user like another:ANOther.

Please take this need into consideration.

Phil.
Phil Chambers (postmaster@???)
University of Exeter