Re: [Exim] Exim 4: handling case sensitivity - opinions want…

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Dave C.
CC: Gyan Mathur, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Exim 4: handling case sensitivity - opinions wanted
On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, Dave C. wrote:

> Hrm, but where should this be done? How can a remote system know wether
> two addresses differing only in case know wether the system that
> handles that domains has them as two different boxes, or wether it
> works caselessly? Perhaps for remote addresses, consider it two
> deliveries, but they MUST be delivered together, eg,

Sorry, I should have made it plain that we are talking only about local
deliveries here. Remote addresses always have been, and will remain,
case-sensitive in their local parts.

> always do:
>
> MAIL FROM: ...
> RCPT TO: x@domain
> RCPT TO: X@domain

This happens usually, provided that max_rcpt on the transport allows it.
There is no proposal to change this behaviour.