Re: [Exim] Exim 4: handling case sensitivity - opinions want…

Autor: John W Baxter
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Exim 4: handling case sensitivity - opinions wanted
At 15:07 +0000 2/6/01, Philip Hazel wrote:
>[Material which has been quoted enough...]
>In my "clean" proposal, x@domain and X@domain are treated as two
>different addresses for the purposes of duplication, even if they both
>get routed by the same router (caselessly), so there is no conflict.
>This, of course, has always been the case for "remote" addresses, where
>local parts are required to be treated as significant.
>
>Does anybody have any objections? Other ideas?

I would prefer to risk getting two copies of some messages rather than no
copies of some messages of which I should get one. I think Phil's proposal
errs, if at all, in the direction of unwanted duplicates rather than lost
messages, which is good, IMHO.

--John

(Now, if we could manage no copies of SPAM and one copy of non-SPAM, that
would be even better. ;-))