Re: [Exim] Under attack: discarding mail.

Top Pagina
Auteur: Jeffrey Goldberg
Aan: Dave C.
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Under attack: discarding mail.
On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, Dave C. wrote:

> Er.. How about receiver_verify, so that you don't accept messages that
> are destined to nonexistent accounts in the first place?

I don't know what is going on at the original posters site, but suppose he
is an incoming domain (primary MX) for some domain which he doesn't
directly have all of the usernames for. That is, he just uses a domain
router for things to suzy1234@???, passing them off to
poorly-managed-exchange-box.domain.example, but that that gives his
system user-unknown on suzy123, so he is stuck with an undeliverable error
message.

This is speculation. I don't know what the set up is, but I can easily
imagine reasonable set ups where you could get loads of these as a
consequence of spam.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg