Re: [Exim] Under attack: discarding mail.

Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
A: michael
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Under attack: discarding mail.
On 6 Feb 2001 michael@??? wrote:

> > Now some "@@@@@"fellow is spamming to some [invalid]
> > address giving as sender random usernames in one of my hosts.
> > This led to this annoying effect, that is a lot of frozen message ....
> > Any idea on avoiding this ?
>
> A frozen message usually indicates that you have a serious configuration
> problem, that should be fixed.

Yes. Some spammers legs should be broken. The problem is that some
spammer sends mail with a forged envelope from of say,
suzy1234@???. Spam with that sender goes to thousands of
addresses, many of them don't work. The bounces then go to
suzy1234@???, but that user doesn't exist on freenet-ag.de.
Depending on when there is the rejection, freenet-ag.de is stuck with a
large number of undeliverable error messages. Unless you play with
ignore_errmsg_errs these will freeze.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg