Re: [Exim] Under attack: discarding mail.

Top Pagina
Auteur: Jeffrey Goldberg
Aan: Leonardo Boselli
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Under attack: discarding mail.
[mailed and posted]

On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, Leonardo Boselli wrote:

> Now some "@@@@@"fellow is spamming to some [invalid] address giving as
> sender random usernames in one of my hosts. This led to this annoying
> effect, that is a lot of frozen message ....

Set

ignore_errmsg_errors_after

to some reasonably short time (a few hours). Or even set

ignore_errmsg_errors

to true.

Also talk to someone at the abuse desk of the source of the spam (probably
UUNet). Describe the situation in an email message to abuse@??? and
then call the number in the auto-response. It's a toll free number from
within the US. See if you can call reversing the charges from Italy, as
you will be on hold for a long time.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg