Re: [Exim] Rejecting Email with bad sender MX

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Rejecting Email with bad sender MX
Rick Ballard rearranged electrons thusly:

> Lately I have been seeing spam with such DNS oddities as
> MX=127.0.0.1 or MX=192.168.1.1. This is obviously purposely
> misconfigured.

> How can I just kill this junk on sight ? I want
> to fail incoming mail based on the sender's MX
> record.

Exim won't normally accept mail from domains it can't resolve and find an MX
for, and if MX points back to an RFC 1918 IP, there are two choices

1. Said IP exists and is your MX server - in which case you'll get a
bounce such as "mx points back to me" etc - esp as you dont handle mail for
that domain at all (it is not in your local-host-names file, and no dns entries
here)

2. The IP doesn't exist on your network or is not running an MTA at all

BTW, how is this spam _arriving_ at your server? Injected direct to MX?

    --suresh

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian <--> mallet <at> efn <dot> org