Re: [Exim] Re: BUG: mailq doesn't behave as expected

Top Pagina
Auteur: Rusty Russell
Aan: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users, mark
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Re: BUG: mailq doesn't behave as expected
In message <Pine.SOL.4.21.0102051014560.13916-100000@???> you w
rite:
> On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Rusty Russell wrote:
>
> > Please see attached patch (v3.22): makes it print the number of
> > messages in the queue.
>
> That information should be restricted to admin users only, which your
> patch doesn't do. I'll think about including this information, however.

That defeats the entire point. exim is failing to track ownership of
my mail, because it's delivered via loopback TCP port 25.

This flaw is real (I'm not arguing whose fault it is, MUA, MTA or
Debian). Hence it needs to give *some* clue that you are not showing
all the information. Even saying "there is mail in the queue that I'm
not showing you because you're not admin" would be enough.

There are an increasing number of single user Unix boxen out there:
adding this short message helps them a little bit.

Thanks!
Rusty.
--
Premature optmztion is rt of all evl. --DK