Re: [Exim] Mail Triggered Event...possible ?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: V. T. Mueller
Para: root
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Mail Triggered Event...possible ?
On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, Nagendra, VU2CLN wrote:
> I am looking to execute a program (actually squid) by sending a mail to
> my linux box and also kill the execution after sometime by emailing
> again to a exim mail user on the system.
> is there any simple way to achive this with just exim or do I need to
> compile or add anything to exim to achive thus

exim = MTA = mail transport agent.

Thus, you may want to take a look into the pipe transport. Together with
some perlery that does proper security checks it should do your job.

hth,
Volker
--
V. T. Mueller      UCC Freiburg, Germany     vtmue (at) uni-freiburg.de

      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism
       by those who have not got it."           (George Bernard Shaw)