[Exim] How do do E-Mail accounting with exim?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Marc Haber
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] How do do E-Mail accounting with exim?
Hi,

I work for a small ISP in Germany. Over here, we still usually account
our customer's IP traffic for billing purposes. We currently do this
by doing IP accounting on our border router. This makes it impossible
to account for outgoing E-Mail sent by our customers via our smart
host since that traffic will show up on the border router as
originating on the smart host. Even if we were able to force traffic
coming from our customer to our smart host over the border router as
well, we would only see a single copy of an e-mail regardless of how
many recipients are in the mail's envelope.

So we will probably use our smart host's main log for accounting,
because the e-mail's size and the number of recipients is recorded
there. However, this still puts the smarthost users on a better place
than the customers that have their own mail server in the case that
delivery of a message is aborted after it has been sent incompletely.

Exim currently doesn't log the amount of data that has been
transferred when the transfer is aborted - for example by a glitch on
the remote side. A customer sending a single 20 MB message to the far
east might end up costing us 40 MB because the first two delivery
attempts failed after transferring 10 MB each.

Would it be possible to have a S=nnn value added to the log entry that
exim makes when a delivery attempt is aborted?

Greetings
MArc