Re: [Exim] One domain, three mail hubs - but with no chain.

Autor: Vadim Vygonets
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] One domain, three mail hubs - but with no chain.
Quoth Igor Karpov on Thu, Feb 01, 2001:
> I'd like to resend the mail for certain users to these hosts,
> dependingly on their addresses. Note - all these users are in my
> domain, so I have to make choice based on the local parts.

Keep a table (call it /var/exim/resend_users):
user1:    host1.dom.ain
user2:    host1.dom.ain
user3:    host2.dom.ain

Director:
resend_users:
driver = smartuser
transport = resend_smtp
local_parts = lsearch;/var/exim/resend_users

Transport:
resend_smtp:
driver = smtp
hosts = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/var/exim/resend_users}{$value}fail}
gethostbyname

Of course, it's better to turn plain text files into DB files and
change lsearch to dbm.

> Yes, I saw FAQ and have read Exim's specification; it makes me think
> that there should be a fairy simple way to achieve this purpose.

You want simple? Wait for Exim 4 :)

Vadik.

--
Would like to kill a certain group of users.
        -- UNIX tech support call