Re: [Exim] removing messages from the queue

Página Inicial
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
Para: Daniel S. Otis-Vigil
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] removing messages from the queue
On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Daniel S. Otis-Vigil wrote:

> I have 7 messages from a month ago still in the queue. They all look like:
>
> WAA45499       26 Sun Dec  3 22:51 nobody
>                  (mail.dynamsol.com. config error: mail loops back to me (MX

That is not an exim message ID. Instead that is a sendmail message, and
you must be looking at a sendmail queue. (Did you get that with "exim
-bp" or with "mailq" and what is mailq linked to?)

> The MX error was fixed a long time ago... when I try to remove the message
> from the queue I get:

In exim or in some sendmail config?

> tray# exim -Mrm WAA45499
> exim: malformed message id WAA45499 after -Mrm option

Not surprising. That isn't a possible exim message ID.

> I also have
>
> ignore_errmsg_errors_after = 12h
>
> set but it isn't touching these 7 messages.
>
> How do I get rid of these?

Either
  (1) find your sendmail queue and remove manually (I don't know if
      there is a sendmail equivalent to -Mrm) or

  (2) fix the MX problem in the sendmail config and do a sendmail queue
      run  (can't recall the options for that, it's been too many years).
      Make sure that the you use a path to a real sendmail instead of
      something that points to exim.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg