Re: [Exim] slightly OT: web manageable mail-backend?

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Tabor J. Wells
To: V. T. Mueller
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] slightly OT: web manageable mail-backend?
On Thu, Feb 01, 2001 at 12:40:53AM +0100,
V. T. Mueller <vtmue@???> is thought to have said:

> Hello,
>
> Behind my exim MTA, I would like to install a system that is capable of
> doing POP, IMAP, webmail as well as an web-based that allows users to log
> in and change their settings. There should also be the possibility to
> grant users the right for changing setting for members of their respective
> group.
>
> At least password lookups *must* be done by querying a MySQL db. In-detail
> relaying/routing/directing/virus checking is done by exim and is not
> necessarily needed to be supported.
>
> I am currently in the process of evaluating Communigate Pro which
> theoretically has all the above features but failed many of my tests at a
> second, more thorough glance.
>
> Does anyone know of one or more good pieces of software that could
> (partly) do this job?
>
> TIA,
> Volker
>
> P.S.: MS Exchange is not an option.

You might look at combining Courier's POP/IMAP package with their
sqwebmail package. I think this would support most of your requirements
above. You'd probably have to write your own web-based password change
mechanism to backend into your MySQL database, but everything else is
supported by Courier.

See www.courier-mta.org for details.

Tabor
Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality