[Exim] slightly OT: web manageable mail-backend?

Autor: V. T. Mueller
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] slightly OT: web manageable mail-backend?
Hello,

Behind my exim MTA, I would like to install a system that is capable of
doing POP, IMAP, webmail as well as an web-based that allows users to log
in and change their settings. There should also be the possibility to
grant users the right for changing setting for members of their respective
group.

At least password lookups *must* be done by querying a MySQL db. In-detail
relaying/routing/directing/virus checking is done by exim and is not
necessarily needed to be supported.

I am currently in the process of evaluating Communigate Pro which
theoretically has all the above features but failed many of my tests at a
second, more thorough glance.

Does anyone know of one or more good pieces of software that could
(partly) do this job?

TIA,
Volker

P.S.: MS Exchange is not an option.
--
V. T. Mueller      UCC Freiburg, Germany     vtmue (at) uni-freiburg.de

      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism
       by those who have not got it."           (George Bernard Shaw)