Re: [Exim] Rewrite Rules

Página Inicial
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
Para: Sujit Choudhury
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Rewrite Rules
On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Sujit Choudhury wrote:

> I am having real trouble with the rewrite rule. Basically I have set
> up the following rewrite rule:

> *@maple.unl.ac.uk $1@???
> *@unl.ac.uk    ${lookup{$1}lsearch{/etc/rewrite}\
>                             {$value}fail}@??? bctfrsF

                                                      ^^^^^^

you might find "h" useful there.

> I have in the /etc/rewrite the following:
> sujit:    S.Choudhury

> [...] But this is not happening - all the E-mail I sent has from
> and sender field set to sujit@???. However, the test exim
> -brw sujjit@??? says everything is ok!!

What happens with

exim -brw sujjit

Locally generated mail may be unqualified.

You may wish to set

qualify_domain = rewritethis.unl.ac.uk

And then make sure in your rewrite rules that that NEVER leaks to the
outside world.

Hope this helps.

> p.s i am sending this e-mail using outlook express.

Yes. I can tell by the line wrapping which I had to fix in my reply.
(Be sure to read this message with a fixed width font).

-j
--
Jeffrey Goldberg
I have recently moved, see http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/contact.html