[Exim] headers_check_syntax and rewriting

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John Horne
A: Exim Users List
Asunto: [Exim] headers_check_syntax and rewriting
Hello,

With Exim 3.22 we have set 'headers_check_syntax' to true. The manual (p78)
says that if there are any 'Resent-' headers then these are used rather than
the 'From:' headers for the check, and I gather this is true for other
checks. However, the rewriting rules allow for the rewriting of the From:
header but not the Resent-From: which is used in the checks. In our case we
have a valid From: header user forwarding a message which then fails the
syntax check. The problem is that the message is going via a Novell file
server running the Mercury MTA. The Resent-From: header ends up like
'jhorne.csv.asvc.plymouth.plymnet@???'. The domain is okay, but
the local part does not exist - it comes from the file server tree structure
(I gather).

Using a smartuser director with the 'local_parts' set would probably get
around this, but my question I guess is whether we should be able to rewrite
the 'Resent-' headers as well as the standard 'From:', 'To:' etc headers?

Thanks,

John.

E-mail: jhorne@???