Re: [Exim] virusscanning for incoming mail

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Christian Froemmel
Para: Diebold, Klaus
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Assunto: Re: [Exim] virusscanning for incoming mail
Hello,

> there is one big disadvantage of amavis, because AMaViS only works
> fine while scanning mails for local recipients. But if you use
> sendmail to relay mails for another host, you have to create local
> users (see FAQ), which is not so fine, when you have defined yet
> hundreds of users on a MS Exchange-Server.

Well, I have a local setup with exim and amavis and all local mail, mail
for subdomains and outgoing messages are scanned. and i even had to do a
setup where the scanning exim has NO real local users (except a few,
including my adress), so the scanning-exim has to pass all incoming mails
to internal mailservers. so you see, it is possible to scan mails with
amavis incoming, outgoing and locally. It was covered in the README.exim
of amavis (and some mailing-list-digging). but i had to make a few changes
the amavis-script to get this working.

If anyone is interested in those small changes contact me.

> Therefore we are looking too for another solution, which works
> together with Sophos Sweep. Has anybody an idea?

I don't know if amavis supports this scanner, i'm running the
h+bedv-antvir without ANY trouble (and it's quite cheap for academic-use),
and another advantage is, that they update quite often.

regards Christian Froemmel

---
Mailadministrator des Universitaetsklinikums "Benjamin Franklin" Berlin.
Telefon 030/8445-3359 / Fax 030/8445-4102