Re: [Exim] exim equivalent of me-too

Autor: Miquel van Smoorenburg
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] exim equivalent of me-too
In article <Pine.SOL.4.21.0101301221430.5647-100000@???>,
Philip Hazel <ph10@???> wrote:
>On Sun, 28 Jan 2001, Leonardo Boselli wrote:
>
>> On 28 Jan 2001, at 21:10, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
>> > It appears that if I mail to an alias that includes my own (envelope-from)
>> > address, exim removes it from the list of recipients. Sendmail does
>> > that too, but you can turn it off with "me-too". I looked in the exim
>> > specification and FAQ, but couldn't find the exim equivalent. Is
>> > there one ?
>>
>> This is new to me ... i always get my posting back if i am in the
>> address list ... how did you succeeded in getting me-no ???
>
>Indeed. Exim has always taken the "me too" action, and there is no way
>to disable this.

I tested it at home and ofcourse you're right. Sorry for the
confusement - it turns out that the addresses I'm seeing this
on are routed via MX records and mailertables through another
sendmail based system, and I think that is the one removing me
from the alias. I still need to investigate further, but now
I know where to look. Thanks!

Mike.
--
Tja. We hebben nogal eens de neiging om eerlijk te antwoorden. Persoonlijk
wil ik veel meer salaris voordat ik ga liegen.