Re: [Exim] AUTH and OE 4.X

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Dmitry Shikut
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] AUTH and OE 4.X
On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Dmitry Shikut wrote:

>     I have a Exim 3.15 on my server and there is a AUTH facility enabled on
> it. OE 5.X clients have no problems, but users with OE 4.X have it's, cause
> no "AUTH=LOGIN" string at smtp session. I must correct this problem manualy
> or may be in Exim 3.22 this problem already not present?

The problem has never been present in Exim. The problem is in OE, which
is not obeying the rules, which are defined quite clearly in the RFC.
The correct string is "AUTH LOGIN". From what you say, it seems they got
it wrong in 4.X and have fixed it in 5.X.

>     P.S. Thanks for Exim to the author - it's a simply the best MTA, all my
> dreams - all my reality.

Glad you like it. Just send money.

:-) Only joking! :-)