Re: [Exim] Authenticating bounces

Página Inicial
Autor: michael
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Authenticating bounces
> That's an interesting point that I had not considered. The use of -f by
> a trusted user disables the authenticated stuff because -f with a
> non-empty address is usually trying to fake up something.

> I suppose I could make a special case of -f <> when the sender is exim
> or root. The authenticated id would then be exim or root, however, not
> mailer-daemon, and that isn't really what you want. You don't usually
> want exim@??? or root@??? to be used as outgoing
> addresses. Perhaps there should be a configuration option so you can set
> what you want for outgoing bounces.

I suppose we need an additional command like option. After all,
"-f <>" sets the envelope sender, so something like "-whatever
mailer-daemon@domain" should set the authenticated sender. It are
really two different attributes. Like -f, its use should be restricted
to trusted users (unless the appropiate option is set). The actual
authenticated sender for bounces should be configurable and default to
the UID exim runs as.

Michael