Re: [Exim] Transferring mail to a new exim MTA

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Ryan Chapin
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Transferring mail to a new exim MTA
On Fri, 26 Jan 2001, Ryan Chapin wrote:

> What I would ideally like to do is tell exim on the old machine to take any
> incoming mail and cc it to my new MTA. Since I cannot use canonical names
> I need to specify the ip address of the new machine.
>
> Any suggestions?

Trivial. Set up this as the only router:

send_all:
driver = domainlist
transport = remote_smtp
route_list = * 10.9.8.7 byname

where 10.9.8.7 is the IP address of the new machine.

Then set

local_domains =
relay_domains = the.domains.you.want.to.foward : colon.separated

in the main part of the configuration.