Re: [Exim] Getting authenticated_sender with Bounces

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Philip Hazel
To: Marian Eichholz
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] Getting authenticated_sender with Bounces
On Fri, 26 Jan 2001, Marian Eichholz wrote:

> I am working with the authentication configuration and have an open
> problem: When Exim generates a bounce mail, the process has no
> authenticated_id and no authenticated_sender.

Both of those values relate to the authentication of incoming SMTP
connections. Since a bounce message is not received via an SMTP
connection, authenticated_id is not set. However, authenticated_sender
should be set to the user name under which Exim runs, qualified by the
value of qualify_domain. Usually this will be something like
exim@???. However, this happens only if you compile Exim with
support for SMTP authentication so that the value can be passed on in
outgoing messages.

> Is it possible, to change the delivery behaviour in a way, that the
> MAILER-DAEMON becomes an authenticated user like any user, feeding
> locally?

What are you trying to achieve? What is the real question? If you are
trying to identify locally-generated bounce messages you can check for
$sender_address being empty and $sender_host_address also being empty.