Re: [Exim] system filter fail option

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Jim Pazarena
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] system filter fail option
exim@??? said:
> I have a small system filter which examines $header_subject and
> $message_body for some specific SPAM identifiers and if TRUE, fails
> the delivery as shown in the example under 47.2 in TFM.

>     then fail text "spam is not wanted here" endif

> It appears that this creates an email BACK to the originator, rather
> than just FAILing the SMTP session. I've had a FAIL message come back
> to *me* because the 'recipient' was unknown.

You *cannot* cause a test like this to fail in the SMTP session because
the system filter is run at delivery time - not at receipt time. By
the time the filter runs the SMTP session has been completed.

What you want cannot currently be achieved with exim.

[Also, even if you did manage to do that, many sending MTAs do not
react well to being given a negative response at end of DATA, so would
just resend it to you.]

    Nigel.
    Nigel.