Re: [Exim] Bounces in Reject Log

Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Bounces in Reject Log
Gordon McKee rearranged electrons thusly:

> I have added these lies to my config to block Emails from this domain. The
> errors, however don't go into the reject log. How can I get them to go
> there instead of in the normal log? I suppose I really want exim to
> generate an error 550 don't I when it comes across a rogue sender? How
> would I do that?

Try this instead:

sender_verify_reject = true
sender_reject = @@lsearch*;/usr/exim316/blocked.senders
prohibition_message = "${lookup{$prohibition_reason}lsearch {/usr/exim316/reject.messages}{${expand:$value}}}"

where blocked.senders looks like

aol.com        SuccessisGreat:GreatSuccess
mailgate.lifeminders.com    *
*            admin__

[multiple mailboxes in a domain, everything from a domain and everything
bearing an admin__ in the envelope, which is a virus generated message]

reject.messages (in prohibition reason) looks like

sender_reject:          Get Lost - No Spammers Allowed Here|Contact postmaster\@example\.com
host_accept_relay:      Host $sender_fullhost not allowed to relay|through $primary_hostname|Contact postmaster\@example\.com

    --suresh

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian <--> mallet <at> efn <dot> org