Re: [Exim] Where did all the mail come from and go?

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Dave C.
To: Marc MERLIN
CC: Jeffrey Goldberg, exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] Where did all the mail come from and go?
On Sat, 27 Jan 2001, Marc MERLIN wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 27, 2001 at 03:48:17PM -0500, Dave C. wrote:
> > Hrm. Do you relay for any dialup pools? Maybe you have some person
>
> Nope, that's what SMTP AUTH is for :-)
>
> > using you to relay a very large number of small messages, and they are
> > sending a small number on each connection. (Assuming different dynamic
> > IP's for each connection)
>
> I can't dismiss that since the logs wouldn't show that, but I don't think
> so.
>
> > Maybe you should take a look directly at the exim mainlog and take some
> > counts of messages delivered...
>
> The logs are way to big for a human to parse :-)

Well, I didnt mean to inspect them visually. The following would do
the job nicely..

for sender in `cat main | grep "<=" | cut -f 5 -d" " | sort | uniq`; do
count=`cat main | grep "<= $sender" | wc --lines | sed 's/ //g'`;
echo "$count : $sender" ;
done