Re: [Exim] Re: exim request info

Autor: Richard Reynolds
A: Suresh Ramasubramanian
CC: srinivas babu, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Re: exim request info
being kinda out of the loop also, i have to state this to kinda make it
easier on us non exim gurus

So that I can be certain you do not recieve further E-Mails from this address.

On Fri, 26 Jan 2001, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> At 06:38 PM 1/25/01 -0700, srinivas babu wrote:
>
> >i have one small question.
> >Is Exim can handle both Sending and Receiving mails??
> >Like Sendmail , which can Send and Receive mails by making use of smtp port
>
> obviously (hint - /usr/[sbin|lib]/sendmail is a symlink to exim on most
> exim installs (for hardcoded paths in perl scripts and such)

the number of packages i tried that sounded like that is what they did,
however not quite doing it, maybee this should be re-phrased or in a
beginners guide ?

> >if i wants to use exim as mail server , do i need to configure pop box
> >seperately???? .
>
> obviously - but you need to configure a pop daemon separately with sendmail
> too.
>          --suresh

and there are many different packages that were "combined" or tried to be
combined, allowing smtp, pop, imap, webmail in either one package or
one configuration ....

just my rambling

Richard Reynolds