[Exim] BUG: mailq doesn't behave as expected

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Rusty Russell
Para: ph10, exim-users
CC: mark
Asunto: [Exim] BUG: mailq doesn't behave as expected
Hi all,

    Running Debian, Exim version 3.20.  Caught out very badly (2
hours + $50, long story) recently by the discovery that `mailq'
silently doesn't list my outgoing messages (sent using nmh, which
calls sendmail -bs).

    IMHO, it's a bug to have sendmail compatible commands which
aren't.  If you really want this, pick one:
    1) remove `mailq'
    2) have it return an error if non-root and --only-my-own-mail not
       specified, OR
    3) please have it clearly output that it is NOT showing you
       all the mail.

    Documenting it is *not* enough; I didn't read the
documentation because I *know* what mailq does.

Cheers,
Rusty.
--
Premature optmztion is rt of all evl. --DK