Re: [Exim] Web Browser interface

Página Inicial
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
Para: jacksonk
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Web Browser interface
On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, jacksonk wrote:

> I'm looking for a convenient way to allow users to change their
> passwords on the Solaris/Unix server, and to create their own email
> forwarding and holiday 'away' bounce-back auto-reply messages.
>
> The constraints I am under are:
> 1) Jave/CGI not to be run on the Solaris server.
> 2) Live telnet command-line not to be given to users.
>
> Any ideas? or is this a mission impossible?

None of this is an exim question any more. I will give some random
thoughts.

Have all of that stuff (passwords, forwarding info, autoresponse) sucked
from an SQL database. For some of it, exim could use the database live,
or you could have scripts that suck from the database.

Then put your CGIs, or PHPs or whatever on some other server which can
write to that database.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg