著者: Jeffrey Goldberg
To: Gareth Otte
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] Intranet server
On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Gareth Otte wrote:

> I have been asked to investigate setting up an intranet to help
> minimise mail traffic. We supply mail to various clients all over the
> country and have noticed that users are sending local mail (to the man
> in the office next door)and that mail is sent all the way down to the
> mail server processed and then sent back, causing unnecessary traffic.

I don't understand your situation. Does the "man next door" have his own
mail server? Do the "various clients all over the country" have their own
mail servers? What are they running.

If each location has its own mail server (running exim) then configure
those to keep or deliver directly anything that they consider local, and
pass anything non-local off to your mail mail hub. Have the MUAs point to
the local mail hubs for sending mail.

But I suspect that I've misunderstood the situation.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg
I have recently moved, see http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/contact.html