Re: [Exim] Adding headers after AUTH

Autor: Robert Evans
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Adding headers after AUTH
The value of $authenticated_id need not be the username. It can be set to
anything using the server_set_id option in the authenticator. So, if you
normally rewrite usernames into mailnames in the mail headers, you can also
rewrite the $authenticated_id. For example:

passwd_plain:
  driver = plaintext
  public_name = PLAIN
  server_set_id = ${lookup{$2}dbm{/usr/exim/tables/rewrites}\
                        {$value}{$2}}

Inserting the following line into the received_header_text definition:
           ${if def:authenticated_id { (${authenticated_id})}}}} \
then causes the mailname to be output in parentheses as part of the
Received header.

Robert Evans