Re: [Exim] newbie question: problems with outgoing mail

Autor: Yann Golanski
A: John Vrolijk (BCN)
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] newbie question: problems with outgoing mail
On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 11:42:04AM +0100, John Vrolijk (BCN) wrote:
> I'm new to exim so please forgive me if I'm asking a stupid question.
> Also, the running exim configuration was not setup by me,
> I'm trying to help a user with his problem, which is that they cannot send
> outgoing mail.

Try looking at the output of exim -d 9 -bt usr@domain and exim -d 9 -bh
IP-of-the-user's-machine. This should give you some clue as to what is
going on. If you find -d 9 to be too much information, starts at -d 1
and move upwards up untill you see the problem.

Best of luck.

> When I send an email to user@??? it mails me back with this
> message:
>
> <user@???>:
> 10.10.10.10 does not like recipient.
> Remote host said: 550 relaying to <user@???> prohibited by
> administrator
> Giving up on 10.10.10.10

Have you set up exim to accept mail from 10.10.10.10? Problably not. You
want to have a look at network_relay (or some such option on the exim
pages)

--
Dr Yann Golanski                                      Senior Developer
         Please use PGP: http://www.kierun.org/pgp/key-planet