[Exim] newbie question: problems with outgoing mail

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: John Vrolijk (BCN)
Para: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Assunto: [Exim] newbie question: problems with outgoing mail
Hello

I'm new to exim so please forgive me if I'm asking a stupid question.
Also, the running exim configuration was not setup by me,
I'm trying to help a user with his problem, which is that they cannot send
outgoing mail.

I have a host, lets call it hostx.domain.nl. This host is acting as
incoming mail server. This host is also known as mail.domain.nl, lets say
it has IP address 10.10.10.10, just for arguments sake.
There is also an MX record for domain.nl which points to hostx.domain.nl.
The current exim configuration forwards the incoming mails to another
host, lets call it hosty.domain.nl.
This is working fine.
When I send an email to user@??? it mails me back with this
message:

<user@???>:
10.10.10.10 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 relaying to <user@???> prohibited by
administrator
Giving up on 10.10.10.10

<user@???>:
10.10.10.10 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 relaying to <user@???> prohibited by
administrator
Giving up on 10.10.10.10

When I mail to user@??? it is delivered OK (to
user@???).

When somebody sends an email for example via Netscape using mail.domain.nl
as the outgoing mail server,
they get the same kind of error message back:

  externaluser@???:
    SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:
    <externaluser@???>:
    host hostx.domain.nl [10.10.10.10]:
    550 relaying to <externaluser@???> prohibited by
administrator (failed
to find host name from IP address)

Any ideas as to where I should start looking to solve this ?
Regards

John Vrolijk
ICT Consultant
Ericsson Business Consulting Netherlands B.V.
P.O. Box 209, 5120 AE Rijen
The Netherlands

Tel.+31-161-246323, Fax. +31-161-246612, XOIP: +31-20-8834771
E-Mail: John.Vrolijk@???, Homepage: http://www.ericsson.net