Re: [Exim] Ignoring sender address errors

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Robin Gilks
Para: exim list
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Ignoring sender address errors
On Monday 15 January 2001 10:59, you wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Jan 2001, Robin Gilks wrote:
> > I'm exporting mail from a single server where the 'FROM' address does
> > *not* comply with RFC822 domain format (its a form of BBS address) via
> > exim to a mailman mail list. It used to work OK but now barfs on the
> > header checks which complain
> >
> > While talking to <exim-host.domain>

> > <<< 501 <user@non-rfc822-domain-format-address>: domain missing or
> > malformed.
>
> Investigate the 'S' flag in the rewriting rules.
>
> I'm surprised things have changed, though. Exim should always have
> complained about syntactically invalid addresses.

Sussed it in the end - I'd patched 3.02 to relax the checking - dooooohh.

It wasn't so much the format of the address as the character set - it quite
rightly don't like the '#' character.

The patch as applied to 3.20 is at line 2401 in smtp_in.c where
rfc821_domains is set FALSE rather than TRUE to relax the checking done by
the function that follows - i.e. 'parse_extract_address()'

Panic over :-))

I'll have to look at the proper way to do it using the rewrite 'S' flag when
I get a couple of hours to sit and absorb... Think I need a
???????? $1@$2 -> $1%$2@localhost
rule to hide the dodgy domain address as part of the user/local address

--
Robin

Internet: g8ecj@???     http://www.gb7ipd.freeserve.co.uk/
Anorak mode = Shack: (+44) 1628 533311  Fax:  (+44) 1628 850165
Club pages (g4xyw modem etc) at http://www.tvipug.org