Re: [Exim] MailBomb Problem...

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Theo E. Schlossnagle
Para: ewiz
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] MailBomb Problem...
Here is what we do:

Create a new exim.conf that is a bit more tame for this bulk delivery and run
it on port 26 instead of 25 (or another port if that is taken). Then direct
your bulk mailer at that port. This will keep the queues separated and allow
you to tune each exim instance to deliver mail how you see fit.

If the PHP mail delivery mechanism will not allow sending mail to a port other
than SMTP, (it is not flexible in my opinion) you can try binding your normal
exim instance to the non-loopback interfaces of your machine and the new bulk
instance to the loopback address (127.0.0.1:25).

We devlier so much mail that we end up separating many domains based on this
mecahism. The programs that we use to generate mail will send yahoo.com to
port 26 and hotmail.com to port 27 and all other mail to port 25. This way if
yahoo starts to flail (extremely slow delivery), the queue running doesn't
slow down horrible.

As a side note, this also provides DAMN good pipelined SMTP delivery. If you
run an exim instance dedicated to yahoo.com, you can just add a
queue_smtp_domains = * to the conf file and you *know* that it will pipeline
it effeciently because there is nothing else in the queue to get in the way.

I find this method very effective. And though I don't use it for your exact
purpose, I think it will work well for you.

--
Theo Schlossnagle
1024D/A8EBCF8F/13BD 8C08 6BE2 629A 527E 2DC2 72C2 AD05 A8EB CF8F