Re: [Exim] POP server recommendations?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tabor J. Wells
A: Darren Mackay
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] POP server recommendations?
On Sun, Jan 21, 2001 at 01:57:01AM +1000,
Darren Mackay <darren.mackay@???> is thought to have said:

> Hi,
>
> What POP server(s) is recommended for use with Exim?

There are none. Use any POP server which meets your individual site needs
and handles the mailbox format you store your mail in.

> Are there any POP servers that use htaccess files at all (the intended site
> has less than 50 users, and users currently have htaccess accounts for squid
> & apache), or is this asking too much? (ideally, I prefer not use system
> accounts for e-mail accounts).

Not that I'm aware of. Courier and qmail-pop3d both support virtual pop
accounts, I believe. Or you can write your own. POP isn't a terribly
complicated protocol.

> ps - I prefer not to start a debate on thepros / cons of each POP server
> known to man if possible.

Good. POP servers have nothing to do with Exim. That discussion doesn't
belong on this list.

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality