Re: [Exim] Cannot route to ...

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Yann Golanski
Para: David Saez Padros
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Cannot route to ...
On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 11:38:51AM +0100, David Saez Padros wrote:
> I really don't know why, but when I get this error, I just try again
> and all works ok.

Contacts whoever is in charge of the DNS of the domain that you are
trying to reach. And ask them to fix it!

We get that all the time here. It all comes down to error in the way DNS
is configured. ALWAYS! The more I work in this industry, the more I feel
that half those who work in it hasn't got a clue between them.

> > Retry for how long? I'm sorry, but I think this is a silly idea. You
> > want to give a quick error for mail to user@???, after
> > all.
>
> Maybe you want this, not me. I just want to retry (maybe only one time) so
> exim could be sure that this domain really does not exist and that the failure
> is not a dns problem somewhere else.

No. you definitly *want* routing errors to fail. It is not the job of
the MTA to fix broken DNS servers. Sure, if you shift 1000 emails a day,
who cares if a few stay in your queue for a few hours, but if you shift
10 millions, you don't want any queue whatsoever.

--
Dr Yann Golanski                                      Senior Developer
         Please use PGP: http://www.kierun.org/pgp/key-planet