Re: [Exim] Version 4 ACL comment...

Página Inicial
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Bruce Bowler
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Version 4 ACL comment...
On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Bruce Bowler wrote:

> is likely to lead to confusion. In particular, having a : in one ACL place
> mean 'and' and in another ACL place mean 'or' is going to confuse the
> heck out of some people. Would it be that much more work to explicitly
> spell out 'and' and 'or'? It's only between 1 and 4 more characters to
> type :-) Alternately, how about the C style & and | for 'and' and 'or'.

I take your point and will think about this. The thing is, these things
are just lists like all Exim lists. I don't want to have to introduce
fancy syntax (=> implementing fancy parsing code) just for this special
case. I certainly don't want to have general boolean conditions - that
is exactly what the ACLs get away from.

Perhaps the secret is in the explaining. If I avoid using the words
"and" and "or" ...