[Exim] Re: Planning for Exim 4 - Revised Document

Autor: Ephraim Silverberg
A: exim-users
CC: Vadim Vygonets
Assumpte: [Exim] Re: Planning for Exim 4 - Revised Document
On Wed, 17 Jan 2001 Vadim Vygonets wrote:

> | [...]the existence of patch space at the end of the default values[...]
> | I received one request to retain it, but nobody has admitted
> | actually using it...
>
> Well, I admitted to almost using it, which is almost good enough
> ;)Seriously, cs.huji shrinks the values, not expands it, but
> the sole fact that they[*]'re editing it means that the patch
> space is potentially useful.
>
> [...]
>
> [*] No longer "we". I just have an account here.

In the rare case of subdomains (we only have two active ones), we
actually did expand the configuration file name and, hence, used
the patch space:

        diablo[ exim ] hostname
        diablo.bs.cs.huji.ac.il

        diablo[ exim ] strings exim | grep -w configure
        /var/exim/configure-subdomain
Ephraim Silverberg, CSE System Group,        Phone number:    972-2-6585521
Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel.        Fax number:      972-2-6585439
WWW: http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/~ephraim       E-mail: ephraim@???