Re: [Exim] Planning for Exim 4 - Revised Document

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Yann Golanski
Para: Nigel Metheringham
CC: Philip Hazel, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Planning for Exim 4 - Revised Document
On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 01:47:21PM +0000, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> ph10@??? said:
> > So it should help to keep down traffic on this list.
>
> Which reminded me, I had been wondering whether there would be an
> advantage to adding an exim-development list and making the lists a tad
> more focused... however there are disadvantages with this:-
>   - it almost never works - stuff is either cross-posted or sent to
>     the "wrong" list
>   - theres a risk that you get a newbies list, which everyone leaves
>     as soon as possible because it just churns the same problems
>     over and over, and a development list, which is where the newbies
>     go to ask questions because it should have more clue :-)

In my experience this is what happens and you create a whole new `this
is the wrong list' messages whcih ignites flames war...

> Anyhow, I'd appreciate comments - especially as this is a high volume
> list, and for some people a digested development list could be very
> useful.

kernel-list is doing some digest of the best posts once a week. Maybe
something of that kind would be better? And, before someone volonteers
me, I don't have the time ;>

Serously, I don't think it's a problem. Many MUA (such as mutt) allow
you to do threading of messages and thus if you don't like a thread,
delete it.

--
Dr Yann Golanski                                      Senior Developer
         Please use PGP: http://www.kierun.org/pgp/key-planet