Re: [Exim] How to mark authenticated senders in the header?

Góra strony
Autor: michael
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] How to mark authenticated senders in the header?
> > I asked for multiple authenticators of one mechanism that would be tried
> > until one suceeds. This turned out easier than I thought, the patch
> > against 3.20 is appended. Without this patch, you have to squeeze all
> > lookups into one authenticator. I screwed up indentation, but that
> > makes the diff easier to read.

> Unfortunately, your patch works only for PLAIN authentication, where all
> the data is sent in the initial AUTH command, and so is available all
> the time for more than one authenticator. In effect, your patch works by
> luck. It does not work at all when authenticators that prompt for data,
> e.g. LOGIN or CRAM-MD5, are involved.

You are right, things are more complicated than they seem. The
authentication dialog should be split from the authentication itself.
In case the dialog of a future authenticator may be context sensitive,
not even that will work, so it may not be a good route, so I will use a
giant or{} to squeeze all lookups into one authenticator.

Michael