Re: [Exim] Backup MX server

Góra strony
Autor: Tabor J. Wells
Dla: ilya
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] Backup MX server
On Mon, Jan 15, 2001 at 01:40:23PM -0500,
ilya <mail@???> is thought to have said:

> I want to setup another exim as a forwarding mail server. ie if the main box
> goes down, the mail will be received by second mx server. which in turn will
> accumulate the mail and try indefinitely to deliver it to main server. so
> the mail will stay in queue for whatever time necessary.
>
> is there howto on it? or has someone done it already and can share the
> knowledge?

Read the Exim Specification.

In particular see Section 46.4 on how to control relaying.

Also see Section 33.1 on retry rules for information on how frequently/how
long you attempt to deliver that mail to the lower MX.

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality