Re: [Exim] Exim 4 ideas.

Top Pagina
Auteur: Philip Hazel
Aan: Vadim Vygonets
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Exim 4 ideas.
On Mon, 15 Jan 2001, Vadim Vygonets wrote:

> Quoth Philip Hazel on Mon, Jan 15, 2001:
> > The other formats are, as you might guess, built from a single source.
> > However, the source is not in a standard format. One day, something will
> > have to be done about this.
>
> Release the software? ;)

If you are referring to the parochial software I use for formatting, it
is not secret, but it is not a product in the sense that it isn't
packaged or documented sufficiently.

In the long term, I guess that going via SGML is probably the answer.
However, maintaining source in SGML is a total pain because of its
verbosity. The best compromise is probably

local markup -> Perl script -> SGML

That is what I did to write the book, and it could be made portable.
However, before doing that, I would need to have software available to
turn the SGML into txt, PostScript, HTML, and Texinfo, and currently I
don't.