Re: [Exim] How to mark authenticated senders in the header?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: michael
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] How to mark authenticated senders in the header?
On 10 Jan 2001 michael@??? wrote:

> I asked for multiple authenticators of one mechanism that would be tried
> until one suceeds. This turned out easier than I thought, the patch
> against 3.20 is appended. Without this patch, you have to squeeze all
> lookups into one authenticator. I screwed up indentation, but that
> makes the diff easier to read.
>
> Philip: Any chance to get this or an equivalent patch into the next release? :)
> It really helps me a lot.

Unfortunately, your patch works only for PLAIN authentication, where all
the data is sent in the initial AUTH command, and so is available all
the time for more than one authenticator. In effect, your patch works by
luck. It does not work at all when authenticators that prompt for data,
e.g. LOGIN or CRAM-MD5, are involved.

For this reason, I can't implement your patch.

The second patch (for a condition for AUTH on the MAIL command) is OK.