Re: [Exim] Exim 4 ideas.

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Nigel Metheringham
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [Exim] Exim 4 ideas.
mark@??? said:
> In this case there is what I consider to be an over-riding reason not
> to: exim is a priority "important" package[1] and including those
> lookup drivers woudl bring two big databases, or at very least their
> client libraries, into important, which I don't want to do.

Which is pretty much where I stand on exim rpm packaging...

A full featured exim calls in libraries for:-
    LDAP
    MySQL
    pgSQL
    Perl
    OpenSSL
    PAM

I'm prepared for the last 2 - no system should be without them. I find
it harder to justify all the others, or be able to make a sensible
selection of them. I'm considering putting the exim binary in a
package of its own, making the base exim package (which contains the
other binaries and bits) depend on something provided by exim-diet &
exim-obese (which are mutually exclusive packages) and fixing up
/usr/sbin/exim to point to the right file (since rpm won't let me
generate the same pathname with different content from 2 separate
subpackages).

    Nigel.